Thursday, November 3, 2011

Silence: My Toastmaster Speech


Fellow toastmasters, thank you for this opportunity.

Two weeks were visited by a representative from Tony Robbins who really tried to sell us tickets to attend the event. I enjoyed the guy. I thought he was lively, enthusiastic. I've been to a Tony Robbins event, I've been to the Millionaire Mind Intensive, I've been to several other leadership programs. There we see a lot of hooting and hollering, people are jumping up and down making all that noise.

I for one am not wired to receive so much noise. I am a silent person. Yes Tony Robbins helped me in many ways, but I got more out of his tapes than his live show. Partly because when I listen to his tapes I do so in the quiet of my home.

I believe in three magic words, BE DO HAVE. If you "BE" it, then you will "DO IT' and then "HAVE IT."
So many people I know are conditioned to be "HAVE", "BE", "DO". If they have the large house then I can BE cool and DO what it takes to remain cool. If I HAVE the model spouse then I will be able to DO more things and I can BE happy. If I HAVE a million dollars then I can DO many more things and BE secure.

The secret to live is to BE the change you want for yourself before you even get there. It's also called FAITH, seeing something before it becomes reality.
The most magical words in the BIBLE to me are BE, STILL, and KNOW.
Being still in meditation or just being still before a tree or in traffic, opens
up the channels of communication.

BE STILL and KNOW, that I AM GOD. Being still and receiving whispers is a powerful way to live life. It’s called Intuition but I like to call it Whispers.

When you have inner peace you HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE. You don’t worry about desiring more, rather you focus on aiming for more. Accumulation is a scoreboard, not a fulfillment.

Inner stillness allows you to become the OBSERVER of your LIFE. You see your self as if you are someone else. Silence also boost CREATIVITY, which is the secret to life. I am a webmaster, what makes me any different then other webmaster. It’s creativity. What makes one running back in football different then another, it’s CREATIVITY to make moves better than others. It may also be called TALENT.

The most inspiration people on earth used SILENCE to gain the upper hand and defeat their enemies. GANDHI had one day of complete SILENCE. He managed to create the world’s largest democracy. MOTHER THERESA listened to the silent whispers of a dying peasant, and those whispers save many lives.

NELSON MANDELLA’s years of imprisonment was spend thinking of his move.
In his famous book, THINK AND GROWN RICH, NAPOLEON HILL describes how many of the wealthiest people often go on private retreats to contemplate for their business

More important is that silence allows you to communicate with yourself. This promotes love within yourself. And DO WHAT YOU LOVE. Those who do, never fear failure. All things start with SILENCE. In the BEGINNING the earth was null and void and then became great.

And so can YOU.

Jim Hague
JimHague@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment